Procaps commitments and initiatives include advancing a healthy, climate-resilient future, social responsibility within the company to support their philanthropic pillars and surrounding communities, as well as United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) such as Good Health Well-Being, Quality Education, Gender Equality, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Industry Innovation, and Responsible Consumption Production.
Click here to see the comprehensive overview of environmental, social and governance metrics and corresponding strategies and initiatives for ESG priorities.
Environmental Sustainability and Stewardship
As a leader human health and environment, Procaps has a responsibility to provide a positive environmental impact and carbon neutral operations. This report highlights:
- 4 plants experienced energy efficiency gains in 2021
- Almost 30% of total waste was diverted from disposal
- 54.5% of the total energy consumed in the Barranquilla facility was self-generated as in 2021 we completed the construction and implementation of a self-generation power plant in this facilit
Corporate Social Responsibility & Governance
Procaps is committed to the development and wellbeing of the community with the construction of a healthier surroundings. The report highlights:
- Since 2013 the Procaps Foundation has been operating to guarantee healthy living and to promote healthy habits in communities
- The Procaps Foundation donated USD $294,122 and benefited 36,838 people directly and 147,352 people indirectly in 2021
- 39.9% of the total manager and director positions are held by women
- 2,300+ employees comprise our Corporate Volunteers group. In 2021 they contributed 1,320 volunteer hours, an increase of 88% compared to 2020
- 4,100 employees were informed and trained on our ethics and conduct policies and procedures
- Committed to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals